Sunday, February 25, 2018

What this blog is, and what I want it to be

Hey there, internet.

This is a strange and exciting experience for me- on this day, February 25th, 2018, I'm starting a film blog. Right now, as I write into the vast, dark void of the internet for no one but myself to see, I'm hopeful that this will serve as a tool to help my critical writing flourish, and perhaps even keep me accountable for continuing to publish consistent writing.

I was inspired to start this by my good friend Jonah, who will undoubtedly be the first reader (hey there, Jonah!), but I'm doing a lot more writing this semester, and I think that this blog is a way to have a solid record of my ideas, for myself and others. The first couple of posts here will only be pseudo-reviews. Right now, I'm enrolled in two classes at UIUC that force me to write two critical responses to two very different categories of film (bad movies and horror films) a week, but I think that that's a good place to start for the content of this blog.

In the future, if I can keep up with this, maybe my hot takes will expand to music, literature, and other forms of art. But as it stands, this blog is called Nick Talks Movies, so let's stay on track here, ladies & gentlemen. Let's get this party started.

-Nick, February 25, 2018, 10:24 pm from his parent's couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Out (2017): America's Gaping Racial Wound

     New York City. The date is October 15th, 2014. Jon Stewart invites conservative pundit and professional talking-head Bill O’Reilly ont...